Blockchain in Healthcare Today is pleased to announce a special issue on medical devices to be published in Spring 2020. Our guest editors from Mayo Clinic and Spiritus Partners, are seeking high quality, high-impact papers, reviews and opinions about the intersection of distributed ledger technology (DLT)/blockchain with medical devices - a crucial, fast-moving area for innovative clinical interventions, chronic disease management and preventive care.
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts, use cases, unpublished research and defensible opinions in such topic areas as
- Wearables – Consumer and medical grade
- Clinical IoT/Internet of Medical Things (IOMT)
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, Robotics and 3D/4D printing
- Interoperability and cybersecurity
- Regulatory compliance, including post-market surveillance and adverse event management
- Real-world evidence (RWE) and registries
- Supply chain management
- Patient data control and ownership
- Clinical trials
From theory and science to technologies, methods, use cases, pilots and scalable deployments, BHTY’s readers represent a global audience of academic researchers, industry practitioners, policymakers and regulators who value well-reasoned, rigorous and pragmatic discourse about the opportunities and challenges presented by the convergence of DLT/blockchain and other emerging technologies in healthcare.
For a BHTY Medical Devices Special Issue Brief, please contact:
Guest Editor Susan Ramonat, CEO, Spiritus Partners, at