Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
Please upload information and details regarding sections below in a SEPARATE document file. Upload it independent of your manuscript file to ensure double blind peer review. The sections that should be submitted separately are:
2. Author List
3. Author names and affiliations
4. Corresponding author
5. Author Contributions
6. Cover letter
7. Author Conflicts of Interest and Declarations Forms (no manuscript will be published without this form for every author listed).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice or Microsoft Word document file format.
- Corresponding authors must be sure to submit an "Author Conflicts of Interest and Declaration Form" for every author listed on the manuscript.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
Copyright, Open Access, Permission to Reuse and Fees
Authors retain their copyright of the article. We ask from authors, an exclusive license (or, for those who cannot grant this, a non-exclusive license) to allow us to publish the article in BHTY (including any derivative products), and allow BHTY to sublicense such rights and all subsidiary rights.
We ask the corresponding author to grant this exclusive license (or non-exclusive for who cannot) on behalf of all authors and inserting in the manuscript on submission the following statement:
“The Corresponding Author has the right to grant on behalf of all authors and does grant on behalf of all authors, a worldwide license to the Publishers and its licensees in perpetuity, in all forms, formats and media (whether known now or created in the future), to publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the Contribution, to translate the Contribution into other languages, create adaptations, reprints, include within collections and create summaries, extracts and/or, abstracts of the Contribution, to create any other derivative work(s) based on the Contribution, to exploit all subsidiary rights in the Contribution, the inclusion of electronic links from the Contribution to third party material where-ever it may be located; and, to license any third party to do any or all of the above.”
This license allows authors to use their own articles for their own non-commercial purposes without seeking permission from us. Only if the use is commercial do we require knowledge about it.
Permissions for authors
Authors may use their own articles for the following non-commercial purposes without asking our permission (subject only to acknowledging first publication in BHTY and giving a full reference or web link, as appropriate).
- Posting a pdf of their own article on their own personal or institutional website, for which no charge for access is made
- Making a reasonable number of copies for personal or non-commercial professional use. This includes the contributor’s own teaching purposes
- Republishing part or all of the article in a book or other publication edited by the author (except for multiple contributions in the same book or publication), for which permission needs to be granted by BHTY
- Using individual figures or tables or extracts of text in other publications published by a third party
- Using the article in a course or compilation (be it paper or electronic) in the authors’ institution. This does not apply if a commercial charge is applied.
Third parties: Permission to reuse
Anyone other than the author of a paper who wants to reproduce an article from BHTY needs to seek BHTY permission. Fees may apply.
Please contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
BHTY’s open access articles include research articles published by funding organizations that may require open access publication. This means the funding organization requires grant recipients to deposit publications resulting from the funded work to be deposited in PubMed Central. This will occur, retroactively, when BHTY obtains index status. Be assured, we are working hard to achieve this goal.
BHTY publishes articles under a Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) license that allows reuse subject only to the use being non-commercial and to the article being fully attributed (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0). Articles funded by organizations that mandate publication with a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) license, which permits reuse for commercial purposes subject to the article being fully attributed (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0), are published with this license. BHTY makes all open access articles freely available on BHTY website from the date of publication.
Open access articles can be identified by the Creative Commons copyright statement that appears at the end of the article and takes the following form:
“This is an open access article distributed in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution Non Commercial (CC BY-NC 4.0) license, which permits others to distribute, adapt, enhance this work non-commercially, and license their derivative works on different terms, provided the original work is properly cited and the use is non-commercial. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0.”
“This is an open access article distributed in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) license, which permits others to distribute, adapt and enhance this work, for commercial use, provided the original work is properly cited. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0.”
For all research articles except those funded by an organization that mandates CC-BY, BHTY allows reuse with attribution of the origin of the article (a full citation) for non-commercial use only. For commercial use permission must be obtained from BHTY.
Author charges for research
We ask authors to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC) fee of $850.00 US upon acceptance of their paper. Peer review of research articles is not related to the ability to pay. See "Call for Papers" on our homepage at https://blockchainhealthcaretoday.com/index.php/journal/index
There are no refunds for Open Access articles once published.
For non-research articles published, there is no fee.