About the Journal
JOURNAL AIMS and SCOPE
Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector. BHTY provides objective evaluation of methodologies, pilots, scalable blockchain deployments, and cost efficiencies that advance value based care, exclusively, in the healthcare sector. BHTY endeavors to offer rapid, peer-review (7-14 days) publication of research, commentary, and proof of concept for blockchain technology that advance value-based healthcare across the care continuum.
The editorial emphasis of the journal focuses on local and global innovations that foster ecosystem efficiencies which include:
Public Health | Identity Management | Data aggregation | Data Linkage and Interoperability | Payment Models, Scalability and Adoption | Clinical Study Protocols | Health Insurance, Smart Contracts and Claims Processing | Liability and Indemnification | Risks of Blockchain Use in Healthcare | Machine Learning | Artificial Intelligence | EMR and PHR | Precision Medicine | Drug Supply Chain Management | Clinical Trials Management
Manuscripts of interest will present or establish advances in this new health sector utilizing evidence-based outcomes in the following categories:
- Proof of Concept
- Use Cases/Pilots/Methodologies
- Narrative/Systematic Reviews/Meta-Analysis
- Healthcare Research
- Opinion/Perspective/Point of View
BHTY follows the guidelines for Authorship recommended by the ICMJE. Please click this link to review and determine authorship criteria for your submission. In addition, BHTY has included the criteria on its site under General Information for Authors. We ask you to familiarize yourself with the recommended guidelines. Thank you.
BHTY publishes articles on a continuous basis to keep up with a dynamic marketplace. Continuous publishing means all BHTY articles will be available faster online as they become ready to publish, without linking them to a specific issue. This way, we can ensure an accurate reflection of developments, trends and the most current knowledge, while providing a forum for developing shared work and consensus. As an open access journal, all research articles are freely available immediately on publication.
The audience suited for BHTY's editorial mission includes blockchain executives, researchers, and innovators in healthcare and academia including experts and leadership at hospitals, payer organizations, informatics, biopharma, public health, population health, government, healthcare insurance, CROs, and not for profit organizations across the globe, with an interest in the latest knowledge on blockchain technology, implementation, and advances on the horizon in healthcare.
BHTY has been conceived as a serious scholarly publication to benefit the healthcare sector and the initiatives, pilots, deployments, and outcomes many of you are focused on. We hope its scope, quality, originality of content, and its significance, will qualify BHTY for inclusion in scholarly databases. In the interim, we are included on the PKP Index content aggregator, Google Scholar, Dublin Core Indexing, and COinS . We look forward to working together to achieve the goals both author and publisher aspire to meet.
To assist you in selecting a journal for your manuscript submission, please consider the following:
- Editorial Mission of Publication: BHTY endeavors to share, educate and build consensus for blockchain technology implementation, deployments, and outcomes, exclusively, within the healthcare sector.
- Turn-around Time: BHTY is committed to providing fast turnaround for peer review. Our aim is 7 to 14 days. Publication occurs once the submission is accepted, and immediately after fulfillment of submission requirements as itemized under Submission Information: Manuscript Sections and Organization.
- Governing Body: The editorial board of stewards and peer reviewers is comprised of a cross section of world-renowned experts bringing depth and breadth of knowledge, and curiosity, to a collegiate and egalitarian platform. For brief biographies and disclosure statements, please click this link. For your conveneince, we have included board members and affiliations below.
John D. Halamka, MD, MS, Editor-in-Chief, Blockchain in Healthcare Today, CIO, Beth Israel Deaconess System, Chairman, New England Healthcare Exchange Network (NEHEN), Professor, International Healthcare Innovation, Harvard Medical School, and practicing emergency physician
Douglas Shinsato, Editor Emeritus, Member, Board of Regents, University of Hawaii, and Cofounder, Anthill Ventures
Gil Alterovitz, PhD, Faculty, Harvard Medical School/Boston Children's Hospital, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Mate Beštek, BSc, National Institute of Public Health, Center for Healthcare Informatics, Republic of Slovenia; Faculty, Computer and Information Dept., University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
Kevin A. Clauson, PharmD, Associate Professor, Lipscomb University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences
Florence D. Hudson, Former Senior Vice President and Chief Innovation Officer, Internet2
George Kolostoumpis, BSc, PhD, External Scientific Expert, ECDC; Technical Expert, EUREKA
Tim Ken Mackey, Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Global Public Health, UC San Diego School of Medicine and Director of Healthcare Research and Policy, UC San Diego
Tom Savel, MD, Director, Informatics Innovation Unit, Center for Surveillance, Epidemiology and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Debbie Bucci, IT Architect (please click this link for Debbie Bucci's affilation)
Bill Buchanan, OBE, Professor, School of Computing, Edinburgh Napier University; Fellow, BCS and IET
Vikram Dhillon, Research Fellow, Institute of Simulation and Training at University of Central Florida
Cees Hesp, Director mHealth Research Labs, PharmAccess Foundation, and Director, Digital Impact Alliance (DIAL), United Nations Foundation
Anh L. Ngo, MD, MBA, Faculty, Harvard Medical School, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, an Pain Medicine
Jin Wei-Kocsis, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Auburn Science and Engineering Center, The University of Akron
Should you wish to become a member of the Peer Reveiw board, please send a letter to the Publisher along with CV and experience with blockchain technology more specifically. Those employed by commercial entities may not apply at this time. Thank you.
- Archiving and Scholarly Practices: We use LOCKSS preservation, the PKP|PS Indexing service, Portico, and will apply to CrossRef. We adhere to ICMJE, COPE, and WAME guidelines and practices. BHTY is published on the PKP Open Journal Systems (OJS), platform. We have partnered with TrendMD.
- Portfolio: We are a far-reaching new era portfolio. We are committed to sharing knowledge, stimulating thoughts and conversations to build consensus, a clearer path forward in areas that pioneer innovation and change legacy systems, and assist in achieving better health, quality of care, and a more efficient healthcare system. If you share these values, support us and grow a global community that includes new era thinkers and pioneers leading the sector to ultimately transform and dramatically increase the quality of healthcare around the globe.
- Indexing: As a new journal, we don’t have an Impact Factor. As soon as BHTY publishes a required and acceptable number or original research articles, the sooner we anticipate BHTY will be indexed. We will also endeavor to seek membership in an array of organizations and societies, which will benefit authors. In future, indexing articles will occur retroactively once index status is obtained. Be assured BHTY is working hard to achieve this.
Revenue sources: BHTY revenue will consist of advertising support for the journal, reprints, author fees, and related initiatives conducted under the auspices of the journal such as conferences, summits, and roundtables and custom projects. Under no circumstance does commercial support impact the editorial decisions for journal manuscript submissions.
BHTY is committed to building trust through truth. Your contributions are paramount to achieve this goal.
Those with an interest in submitting a manuscript or obtaining further information are encouraged to do so.
Should you have questions, please contact the publisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Mission statement
Our Vision statement