About the Journal
Blockchain in Healthcare Today™ (BHTY)is the 1st peer reviewed, scholarly journal on blockchain technology in healthcare that builds trust through truth. It is the newest title in the forward reaching Partners in Digital Health portfolio, marking a Renaissance in Healthcare.
BHTY, is an open access online peer review journal that provides an objective evaluation of sustainably integrated, proven, and scientifically validated blockchain deployments within the healthcare system. BHTY offers rapid, peer-reviewed (5-7 days) publication of research, commentary, and proof of concept for blockchain technology and related areas that catalyze a new era in healthcare, and demonstrate bottom line cost efficiencies that advance value-based healthcare across the care continuum for the 21st century and future healthcare challenges.
Emphasis focuses on local and global innovations that foster ecosystem efficiencies which include:
Public Health | Identity Management | Data aggregation | Data Linkage and Interoperability | Payment Models, Scalability and Adoption | Clinical Study Protocols | HIE | HER | Health Insurance, Smart Contracts and Claims Processing | Liability and Indemnification | Risks of Blockchain Use in Healthcare | Machine Learning | Artificial Intelligence | EMR and PHR | HIE | HL7 | Precision Medicine | Drug Supply Chain Management | Clinical Trials Management
Manuscripts of interest will present or establish advances in this new health sector utilizing evidence-based outcomes in the following categories:
- Proof of Concept
- Use Cases/Pilots/Methodologies
- Narrative/Systematic Reviews/Meta-Analysis
- Healthcare Research
- Opinion/Perspective/Point of View
BHTY has been conceived as a serious scholarly publication to benefit the healthcare sector and the initiatives, pilots, deployments, and outcomes many of you are focused on. Its scope, quality, originality of content sought, and significance of this content, will qualify BHTY for inclusion in scholarly databases. In the meantime, we seek inclusion on content aggregators and online directories such as Google Scholar. We look forward to working together to achieve the goals both author and publisher need to meet
To assist you in selecting a journal for your manuscript submission, please consider the following:
- Editorial Mission of Publication: BHTY endeavors to share, educate and build consensus for blockchain technology implementation, deployments, and outcomes specifically within the healthcare sector. This includes positive and negative results. One of our journal pillars is to honor success and failure in research. We believe it is the duty of scholarly publications to publish both. Failure takes courage to share, and we hold this in esteem.
- Turn-around Time: BHTY is committed to providing fast turnaround for peer review. Our aim is 5 to 7 business days. Publication occurs immediately thereafter upon fulfillment of requirements.
- Caliber of Board Members and Peer Reviewers: The team is a cross section of world-renowned experts bringing depth and breadth of knowledge and curiosity to a collegiate and egalitarian platform. Join the network and help build the community.
- Scholarly Practices: We adhere to ICMJE, COPE, and WAME guidelines and practices. BHTY is published on the PKP Open Journal Systems (OJS), platform. We have partnered with TrendMD. We use LOCKSS preservation, the PKP|PS Indexing service, and will apply to CrossRef and await our Portico plugin. Our end is covered.
- Portfolio: We are a far-reaching new era portfolio. Blockchain is the new Renaissance for Healthcare. We are committed to sharing knowledge, provoking stimulating thoughts and conversations to build consensus, a clearer path forward in areas that pioneer innovation and change legacy systems, and assist in achieving better health, quality of care, and a more efficient healthcare system. If you share these values, please support us and help build a global community that includes new era thinkers and pioneers leading the sector to ultimately transform and dramatically increase the quality of healthcare around the globe.
- Indexing: As a new journal, we don’t have an Impact Factor. Without submissions, BHTY does not obtain an Impact Factor. TAs soon as BHTY publishes six ( 6) to twenty-four (24) research articles, the sooner BHTY will get indexed, and accepted to an endless array of organizations and societies, which will benefit authors. As soon as applications are accepted to DOAJ, MEDLINE, PubMed, etc. indexing articles will occur retroactively. Considering it takes months to publish a paper in some journals—in that time, BHTY can have an Index Factor!
BHTY is committed to building trust through truth. Your contributions are paramount to achieve this goal. At this time, we are accepting manuscript submissions, editorial board nominations, and sponsor support.
Those with an interest in submitting a manuscript or obtaining further information are encouraged to do so.
Should you have questions, please contact the publisher at email@example.com
Our Mission statement
Our Vision statement