About the Journal
Blockchain in Healthcare Today (BHTY), is an open access online, peer review journal where thought leaders and innovators converge to find solutions in a new health technology sector. BHTY provides objective evaluation of methodologies, pilots, scalable blockchain deployments, and cost efficiencies that advance value based care, exclusively, in the healthcare sector. BHTY offers rapid, peer-review (5-7 days) publication of research, commentary, and proof of concept for blockchain technology that advance value-based healthcare across the care continuum.
Emphasis focuses on local and global innovations that foster ecosystem efficiencies which include:
Public Health | Identity Management | Data aggregation | Data Linkage and Interoperability | Payment Models, Scalability and Adoption | Clinical Study Protocols | HIE | HER | Health Insurance, Smart Contracts and Claims Processing | Liability and Indemnification | Risks of Blockchain Use in Healthcare | Machine Learning | Artificial Intelligence | EMR and PHR | HIE | HL7 | Precision Medicine | Drug Supply Chain Management | Clinical Trials Management
Manuscripts of interest will present or establish advances in this new health sector utilizing evidence-based outcomes in the following categories:
- Proof of Concept
- Use Cases/Pilots/Methodologies
- Narrative/Systematic Reviews/Meta-Analysis
- Healthcare Research
- Opinion/Perspective/Point of View
BHTY publishes articles on a continuous basis to keep up with a dynamic marketplace. Continuous publishing means all BHTY articles will be available faster online as they become ready to publish, without linking them to a specific issue. This way, we can ensure an accurate reflection of developments, trends and open source information relevant to the trusted exchange of peer reviewed knowledge, while providing a forum for developing shared work and consensus. As an open access journal, all research articles are freely available immediately on publication - and citation retroactively once indexed.
The BHTY audience will include 10,000 blockchain executives, researchers, and innovators in healthcare and academia including hospitals, payers, informatics, biopharma, public health, population health, government, healthcare insurance, CROs, FinTech, and not for profit organizations, with an interest in the latest knowledge on blockchain technology, implementation, and advances on the horizon in healthcare.
BHTY has been conceived as a serious scholarly publication to benefit the healthcare sector and the initiatives, pilots, deployments, and outcomes many of you are focused on. Its scope, quality, originality of content sought, and significance of this content, will qualify BHTY for inclusion in scholarly databases. In the interim, we seek inclusion on content aggregators and online directories such as Google Scholar. We look forward to working together to achieve the goals both author and publisher need to meet
To assist you in selecting a journal for your manuscript submission, please consider the following:
- Editorial Mission of Publication: BHTY endeavors to share, educate and build consensus for blockchain technology implementation, deployments, and outcomes, exclusively, within the healthcare sector.
- Turn-around Time: BHTY is committed to providing fast turnaround for peer review. Our aim is 5 to 7 business days. Publication occurs immediately thereafter upon fulfillment of requirements.
- Caliber of Board Members and Peer Reviewers: The team is a cross section of world-renowned experts bringing depth and breadth of knowledge and curiosity to a collegiate and egalitarian platform. Join the network and help build the community.
- Scholarly Practices: We adhere to ICMJE, COPE, and WAME guidelines and practices. BHTY is published on the PKP Open Journal Systems (OJS), platform. We have partnered with TrendMD. We use LOCKSS preservation, the PKP|PS Indexing service, Portico, and will apply to CrossRef and iThenticate.
- Portfolio: We are a far-reaching new era portfolio. Blockchain is the new Renaissance for Healthcare. We are committed to sharing knowledge, provoking stimulating thoughts and conversations to build consensus, a clearer path forward in areas that pioneer innovation and change legacy systems, and assist in achieving better health, quality of care, and a more efficient healthcare system. If you share these values, support us and grow a global community that includes new era thinkers and pioneers leading the sector to ultimately transform and dramatically increase the quality of healthcare around the globe.
- Indexing: As a new journal, we don’t have an Impact Factor. As soon as BHTY publishes six ( 6) to twenty-four (24) research articles, the sooner BHTY will get indexed, and accepted to an endless array of organizations and societies, which will benefit authors. Indexing articles will occur retroactively.
BHTY is committed to building trust through truth. Your contributions are paramount to achieve this goal. At this time, we are accepting manuscript submissions, editorial board nominations, and sponsor support.
Those with an interest in submitting a manuscript or obtaining further information are encouraged to do so.
Should you have questions, please contact the publisher at email@example.com
Our Mission statement
Our Vision statement